Thursday, July 25, 2013
                                                Angelfall by Susan EE




Blurb:

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


Aimi's thoughts:


THIS BOOK IS SOOOO EPIC!!! OMG I barely breathe throughout the entire book, its soo awesome and terrifying! I thought hunger games is bad enough, but angelfall is downright apocalyptic <3

Okay deep breath.

Now to the main point. I rarely give five stars reviews. Ever. The only books that I gave five stars reviews are the kind of books that got me totally mindfucked to the borderline of insanity. The kind of books where I wish to hurl it against the wall, scream at it then clutch it to my chest. Lock myself in the bathroom and cry my heart out when it was over. Walk around in daze for couple of days because my mind is still in that world, because that one moment, my mind thinks that I'm the character in the book. All the sufferings and loneliness and happiness and joy course through my body as if my soul has just experienced a huge emotional trauma. It makes me alive.

And Angelfall fits nicely in that five star category. I clutched to the edge of my seat as my heart throbbed painfully every time I flicked through the pages. It was a roller coaster experience, my emotions whacked to one plane and jumped to the other axis. I cried, I despaired, I treasure every bit of the sweet banter and the deepening relationship of Penryn and Raffe. I love Penryn, the heroine in the book. She's a human with a very strong will, putting up a brave front against a stronger species. She shows courage, strength and loyalty towards her family and the angel Raffe. Yeah I totally dig for that kind of badassery. I really look forward for more sparks flying between Penryn and Raffe in the next book because it makes everything worth it: daughter of man and an angel, a forbidden love which surely will stir up the world in this post apocalyptic series.
What I love about this series is that its original. It's different from other contemporary, urban fantasy, dystopia and other genres. It's beautifully written with an evocative style of writing. Some parts are downright gruesome to the point that goosebumps rose on my skin. There is a mixture of different elements in the book: love, loyalty, badass, strength, courage, fear etc. It's not just a romance book or an action book. It's a mixture of everything combined into beautiful cleverly woven words.

I love angelfall because it makes me feel, stir up those emotions inside me that I've never experienced in my mundane life. I look forward for the next installment because damnit I don't think my heart can take it any longer with all this anticipation!

0 comments:

About Us

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blogger news

About

Blogroll

Blogger templates